Since 1949, Yarmouth Lions Club members have been devoted to making our town a happy and safe place to live.
The Yarmouth Lions Club serves through regular volunteerism, and providing financial contributions to the dozens of local aid organizations, neighbors in need, and the support of town public spaces.
The Yarmouth Lions Club:
- Collects hundreds of used eyeglasses each year for repair and re-distribution to people, of all ages, who can’t afford them Vision Program
- Donates thousands of dollars to local service organizations by selling seafood and slush drinks at the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Gives thousands of dollars in annual Yarmouth High School scholarships for deserving students by selling Christmas Trees Trees for Tuition Program
- Funds the Yarmouth Heating Assistance Program by selling Christmas Wreaths
- Provides Christmas meals and gifts to deserving families by collecting and packaging donations from local businesses and Yarmouth residents
In addition, the Yarmouth Lions Club supports our local food pantry, the Yarmouth Community Garden, the Merrill Memorial Library, YCAN, the Iris Network, YMCA, multiple Eagle Scout projects, the Yarmouth Little League team, and many more community initiatives.
When We Meet:
The Yarmouth Lions Club meets every 1st and 3rd Monday, from October through May, at the Muddy Rudder restaurant. Our social gathering begins at 5:00pm, and Club business starts at 5:30pm. We also meet the 3rd Monday in September, and meet once in January and once in February.