Since 1949, Yarmouth Lions Club members have been devoted to helping improve the quality of life for our neighbors and our town.
The Yarmouth Lions Club serves through regular volunteerism, and by raising money to provide financial assistance to the dozens of local aid organizations, neighbors in need, and to support the maintenance, beautification, and safety of Yarmouth, Maine public spaces.
Come and See What Lions Do:
The Yarmouth Lions Club meets every 1st and 3rd Monday, from October through May, at the Robert W. Boyd AMVETS Post #2. Our social gathering begins at 5:30pm, and Club business starts at 6:00pm. We also meet the 3rd Monday in September, and meet once in January and once in February.
Some core Yarmouth Lions Club initiatives include:
- Collecting thousands of used eyeglasses each year for repair and re-distribution to people, of all ages, who can’t afford them Vision Program
- Donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to local service organizations by selling seafood and slush drinks at the annual Yarmouth Clam Festival Clam Fest Fundraiser
- Awarding tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships for deserving Yarmouth High School students by selling Christmas Trees Trees for Tuition Program
- Funding tens of thousands of dollars for the Yarmouth Heating Assistance Program by selling Christmas wreaths Wreaths for Fuel Program
- Providing hundreds of meals and gifts to deserving families by collecting and packaging donations from local businesses and Yarmouth residents Adopt-a-Family Program
In addition, the Yarmouth Lions Club volunteers and financially supports our local food pantry, the Yarmouth Community Garden, the Merrill Memorial Library, YCAN, the Iris Network, YMCA, multiple Eagle Scout projects, the Yarmouth Little League team, and many more community initiatives.